- Current history of skin cancer, current
condition of any other type of cancer or
- History of any kind of cancer (unless cleared
by your personal or family Physician)
- Severe reoccurring conditions such as cardiac
- Pregnancy or/and nursing.
- Impaired immune system due to
immunosuppressive diseases such as HIV, AIDS or
use of immunosuppressive medications.
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light at
the wavelengths used such as history of systemic
lupus erythematosus, porphyria and epilepsy.
- history of diseases stimulated by heat such as
recurrent herpes simplex in the treatment area,
may be treated only following a prophylactic
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders such as
- Any active condition in the treatment area,
such as sores, psoriasis, eczema or/and rash.
- History of skin disorders such as keloids,
abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and
- History of bleeding coagulopathies or use of
- Use of medications, herbs, food supplements
and vitamins have been known to induce
photosensitivity to light exposure at the
wavelengths used such as Retin-A, Isotretinoin (Accutane),
within the past 6 months, Tetracyclines or St
Johns wort within the past 2 weeks
- Deep Facial laser resurfacing and deep
chemical peeling within the last 3 months if
face is treated.
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area
within the last 3 months or before complete
- Donít treat over tattoo or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned skin from the sun, tanning
bed or tanning creams within the last 2-4 weeks
(minimally), depending on how patient retains.
- As per the practitioner's discretion refrain
from treating any conditions which might make it
unsafe for the patient.
- IF youíve had injections, waiting the
following time periods:
- Following Botox
Wait 3-4 weeks
- Following natural fillers (Ex: Hyaluronic
acid, collagen, etc) Wait 3-4 weeks
- Following synthetic fillers (eg
Do NOT treat area
Minimal to no downtime - Most people experience
no side effects, though a few may exhibit some
short-term local reddening-advantages translate
to enhanced patient comfort, convenience and
satisfaction. Comfortably reverse the signs of
aging and achieve a more youthful appearance
Go to http://syneron-candela.com/na/treatment/sublative
for a complete up-to-date list for this